Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Club News > WIB-Capital Region News > WIB-Capital Region at Northeastern Maryland Tech Council's World of Wine, September 21, 2023

WIB-Capital Region at Northeastern Maryland Tech Council's World of Wine, September 21, 2023

I had the opportunity to represent Women In Bio at the Northeastern Maryland Tech Council (NMTC) World of Wine Event. First and foremost, I would like to express my gratitude to John Casner, the Executive Director of NMTC, for his generous contributions to Women In Bio over the past 11 years. Not only with support on STEM Events for YWIB and aiding Baltimore in speakers for events but also kindly donating a pour spot, valued at $700, to our organization. This gesture not only allowed us to participate in the event but also helped raise awareness and support for WIB’s mission.

Setting up a booth at the NMTC World of Wine Event was an incredible opportunity for us. It provided a platform to showcase our initiatives and connect with a diverse audience of enthusiasts and entrepreneurs. The event was well-organized, and the attendees displayed genuine interest in both the technology sector. Throughout the evening, I engaged in meaningful conversations with attendees, sharing our vision for women in the tech industry and discussing ways to foster diversity and inclusion. It was heartening to witness the enthusiasm and support WIB received from the NMTC Community. In addition to networking and building connections, the event allowed us to explore potential partnerships and collaborations with other organizations present. These interactions could open doors for future initiatives that align with WIB's mission.

Several women who attended the event took an interest in our mission and picked up our event flyers and brochures. These interactions reflect a growing awareness and enthusiasm for the work we do, which is a testament to the impact we are making. Overall, the NMTC World of Wine Event proved to be a tremendous success for WIB. It not only allowed us to raise awareness about our organization but also opened doors to potential partnerships that align with our mission of empowering women in the tech industry. Many thanks again to John Casner for providing us with this opportunity.

Karen Underwood 

To view this News Article

Similar stories

OUR MISSION

Women In Bio is an organization of professionals committed to promoting careers, leadership, and entrepreneurship of all women in the life sciences.

WIB membership and events are inclusive of all who support our mission.

CONTACT US

info@womeninbio.org
(877) 717-5273

womeninbio.org

STAY CONNECTED

This website is powered by
ToucanTech