Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > EWIB-Philadelphia Metro > What is One Thing International Women's Day and Women In Bio Have in Common?

What is One Thing International Women's Day and Women In Bio Have in Common?

Answer: They both support women to be engaged, educated, and empowered through mentoring.
Victoria Mischley MD/Ph.D. candidate, Ruth Wexler Ph.D., Adrian Paskey Ph.D., Jessica Monteith Ph.D.
Victoria Mischley MD/Ph.D. candidate, Ruth Wexler Ph.D., Adrian Paskey Ph.D., Jessica Monteith Ph.D.

I would like you to meet Ruth Wexler. Over 30 years of experience as a Scientist and Leader, Ruth rose to the level of VP in a globally renown pharma company when it was even more difficult to be a female rising star in such a male dominated field. Her determination, intelligence, and leadership which encouraged innovation in drug research has saved lives.

She graciously volunteered to be one of the founding Mentors for the very first Philadelphia Metro MAPS Mentor Circle Program two years ago.

Ruth's first group met virtually for three months (as the program is designed). Her mentees: Jessica Monteith, Victoria Mischley, and Adrian Paskey, collectively decided to morph into a book club platform, meeting every 4-6 weeks, for a year! This deepened their learning, supported their career trajectory, and solidified a trusted inner circle bond. The biggest bonus? They kept access to Ruth, with her own deep well of expertise.

Finally, they met in person for dinner last fall. The event was so special, each is determined to sync schedules every few months to nurture their closely knit professional, turned friendship, relationship.

They wanted to share their experience via the testimonials below.

Your wealth is not just the paycheck. It's the network you consciously create to support your professional growth while being a light to another along the way.

Our Spring 2024 mentors waiting to serve you are comparable to Ruth's high career accomplishment standard.

This stellar program is even included in your membership!

Consider signing up if you haven't participated before, or for a second time with another seasoned Mentor to get a different experience. You don't know what you don't know that could have a priceless impact.

We all have significant pivotal moments in life. Joining now could be yours!

To take part in the Spring 2024 Mentor Circle Program with WIB Philadelphia Metro, you still have time. Register here by March 10, 2024: 

Jessica Monteith- “The WIB Mentoring Circle has been an essential part of my career and personal development. I gained invaluable insights from both my mentor and fellow mentees during our group sessions and have built a network of support that I continue to lean on.” 

Victoria Mischley- “The mentorship circle provided me with the opportunity to receive advice not only from my remarkable mentor but also from two other fellow mentees. This allowed me to benefit from their objective insights and learn from their experiences as women in the STEM field, which proved to be incredibly valuable.” 

Adrian Paskey- “I found community with women in biology through the MAPS program and learned from their perspectives and experiences. The program was flexible enough to accommodate my chaotic working mom schedule and was truly beneficial to me.” 

OUR MISSION

Women In Bio is an organization of professionals committed to promoting careers, leadership, and entrepreneurship of all women in the life sciences.

WIB membership and events are inclusive of all who support our mission.

CONTACT US

info@womeninbio.org
(877) 717-5273

womeninbio.org

STAY CONNECTED

This website is powered by
ToucanTech