Attention: You are using an outdated browser, device or you do not have the latest version of JavaScript downloaded and so this website may not work as expected. Please download the latest software or switch device to avoid further issues.

News > Club News > WIB-Chicago News > WIB-Chicago 3.8 Initiative: Startup Showcase and Mentor Match-up, May 3, 2024

WIB-Chicago 3.8 Initiative: Startup Showcase and Mentor Match-up, May 3, 2024

WIB-Chicago brought together the 3.8 Program graduates on May 3 to participate in Phase 2 of the effort focused on placing them on startup boards. The women met virtually and after a brief introduction of each, they were sent into breakout rooms to meet startup companies looking for members for their advisory boards. During the hour, there were three time slots for companies to meet with graduates. The conversations were intended to gauge the interest and fit between the candidates and the companies. Graduates not meeting with companies at a given time slot could meet their fellow cohort members in a separate breakout room designated for program graduates only.

The event received great feedback from the participants, including:

• "The "Match-up" event was a great success and I really appreciate all the thoughtful planning that went into it!!" 
  • "It was clear that there was a lot of work put into it. The format was a great investment of everyone's time. Thank you for all the planning and thinking innovatively about the objective of the 3.8 program. I applaud you guys for taking this bold step."
  • "Thanks to you and the team for putting this together. I totally agree — it was a very well put together and thoughtful event."

Submitted by Samia Tasmim

Similar stories

OUR MISSION

Women In Bio is an organization of professionals committed to promoting careers, leadership, and entrepreneurship of all women in the life sciences.

WIB membership and events are inclusive of all who support our mission.

CONTACT US

info@womeninbio.org
(877) 717-5273

womeninbio.org

STAY CONNECTED

This website is powered by
ToucanTech